Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hello!

Cupcakes. Running. Weight loss. Unemployment. What do all four of those things have in common? ME! I love cupcakes, I mean, I love cupcakes. And in order to eat those cupcakes, I need to do something to keep them off my hips, so I run. The running helps me keep the weight off (most of the time). I worked really hard to lose 30+ pounds and cupcakes are not going to be my demise. And I currently have lots of time to run because I'm unemployed. This is how all four fit into my life.

Oh Wow! A blog. I originally was going to start this to be like "Julie & Julia". I know, that's very copy cat of me. My friend Tracy recently gave me Martha Stewart's Cupcakes cookbook for my birthday. So I thought, I should make a recipe a day and blog about it. Then I realized that that would be a lot of cupcakes and I clearly can't eat them all myself. No amount of running would help me if I ate that many cupcakes. So then it turned into a blog about cupcakes and running. By that point, I figured I might as well blog about two other topics that I know enough about - weight loss and unemployment. But really, why not create a blog?

As for cupcakes, I made my first recipe from the Martha Stewart's Cupcakes cookbook. My first try was "Blackberry-Cornmeal Cupcakes". They were a hit! They were super easy to make. Martha said that I would get 16 out of the recipe, but I only got 15. She also said that they would taste best the day they were baked and I have to disagree with her. I think they tasted better the next day. In general, the first try was a success!

Thursday is the first day of my first running clinic. Oh boy! This is going to be interesting. Tracy (the above mentioned friend) and I are running the Twin Cities 10 mile race this year. 10 miles... that's far. So to keep us motivated, we signed up for a running clinic. The first meeting is this week, so we'll see what I've signed myself up for. Stay tuned!

That's all for now. I can't promise that I'll post something everyday. But I'll definitely try. Later!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A blog! And I'm in it!! I'm adding you to my list of fave blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: You should take pictures of your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete