Friday, July 17, 2009

Blueberry Cream Cupcakes


I tried out my second recipe the other night, this time it was Blueberry Cream Cupcakes. It's kind of a stretch to call these "cupcakes". They're more like muffins but I guess once you put the cream topping on top, they're more cupcake-esque. Two issues that came up: no sifter and no stand mixer. The recipe called for "sifted" cake flour. Sorry Martha, but no sifter for me so I tried to put as much air in the cake flour as possible without having a sifter. Even though I've only made two of the recipes, I'm already realizing that having a stand mixer would make the process so much easier. As of now, I guess the old hand held mixer will have to get the job done.


The cake batter pre-baking tasted super good, so I was hoping that meant good things for the finished product and it definitely did. My finished product final grade... YUM! (And that was even before I topped them with homemade whipped cream.) I do believe Tracy's husband, Aaron, also will agree with the final grade. He seemed to quite enjoy them when I brought them over to her place the other day. Once they were topped off with the homemade whipped cream, you could just tell that there was nothing low-fat about this creation. They were so rich and delicious. Martha sure knows how to make a mean blueberry cream muffin.

3 comments:

  1. Here something to check at MOA (Mall of America) this weekend. Potentially the World's Largest Cupcake!

    http://wcco.com/video?id=63647@wcco.dayport.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm...can't wait to try out these Blueberry Cream 'Muffins'!

    B-Bop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron will always be your taste-tester! Keep bringing them over. :)

    ReplyDelete