Thursday, August 6, 2009

Raspberry Marble Cheesecakes


Creamy. Smooth. Delicious. These are some yummy cupcakes. These are also some pain-in-the-ass cupcakes to make. Although super good to eat, I probably won't make them again unless I really like the person who requests them.

I had way more cream cheese batter than I had crumbly graham cracker crust (you bake the graham cracker crust first, let cool, then fill with the cream cheese batter). There would have been an easy way to remedy this situation, just make some more graham cracker crust. But by the time I realized how short I was on crust, I just couldn't be bothered to make more. I was already 34 cupcakes in and the water bath was driving me crazy, so I just threw out the rest of the batter and called it good.

One problem, I don't think the water bath went far enough up the cupcake tin (3/4 of the way up the cupcake tin, as recommended by Martha) because the cupcakes didn't quite set-up as well as I would have liked. After they were cooled and refrigerated, they definitely needed to be eaten with a spoon instead of just by peeling away the paper liner. They were baked, just a little on the creamy side.

In regards to the water bath issue... you try and find a pan that is big enough to fit a cupcake tin in it plus water. I had to purchase a turkey roasting pan (thankfully it was on clearance at Target), which still wasn't quite the right size but I didn't know what else I was going to use. Once the first pan was baked, I had to figure out a way to un-wedge the cupcake tin from the water bath so that I could cool the cupcakes and get my next batch baking. I ran out of patience by the time the third batch was baking - hence me throwing away the extra batter instead of making more crust.

Next up: Yellow Buttermilk. I think these are going to be dangerously good.

1 comment:

  1. These cupcakes are good! I am eating one right now. :)

    ReplyDelete