Thursday, August 27, 2009

Public Libraries

Can I just say, I love my public library. Even though my beloved Roseville library is currently under construction and I have to go to its temporary location, I still love it. Actually, the temporary location is closer to me than the permanent location, so it's kind of a plus that they had to move over here for a year. There's nothing like free internet and free books.

Did you know that the Roseville branch of the Ramsey County Library system is the busiest public library in the state? It is. So not only do I love it, but apparently everyone else loves it too. And really, what's not to love? There's free internet. Thousands of books at my disposal to check out. A dvd rental selection that's rather large. A coffee shop. Too many perks to even list.

So I guess this is a big giant "Thank you" to my public library. If I wasn't unemployed, I probably wouldn't have fallen so in love with my library. So "THANKS" for all of the free services!

2 comments:

  1. Is there a coffee shop at the temporary location? The Dunn Bros at the old RCL-Roseville was the best!!

    Libraries are great places for kids, too. Did you know you can check out like 70+ picture books at one time and no one cares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi andrea!
    i
    a)am a librarian at the roseville library
    b)love your wonderful post
    c)love both of the things in your blog's title :)
    d)am very excited about our brand new big building opening next summer!

    thanks for becoming a new blog for me to read! found you through a kudos shout-out in facebook!
    have a wonderful day!
    ~jd

    ReplyDelete