Thursday, August 20, 2009

Running Clinic

Who knew Running Clinic was going to be so much fun?! Not me! The meeting tonight is our sixth meeting, meaning I'm half way done with the class and half way to my goal of running 10 miles. These first six weeks have gone by so fast that I know October 4th will be here in no time.

Last weekend we ran 6.2 miles (accomplished in 64 minutes in dreadfully humid weather). This weekend... 7 miles! This will be the first time I've ever ran past the 6.5 mile mark, so hopefully it all goes well. I wish I was going to be in town so that I could run with all of my new running friends, but I'll be home Blue Earth running on my own.

Last night we ran 8 hills. Not only am able to run more hills each week, but the time it takes me to tackle hill is getting faster. The first time I ran hills - 91 seconds to tackle the hill. Last night - 85 seconds. That's almost 10 seconds faster. And I was able to run up the hill 8 times, 85 seconds each time. Consistency is key!!!

The best part about running clinic... all of the new friends (Giselle, Celeste, AJ, Anmol, Julia). [Side note: Tracy, you're the best and I would really struggle without you.] I really thought that I was going to be the slowest person there and the most inexperienced. As it turns out, I'm one of the faster runners and have a decent amount of "running" knowledge already. I can't wait to learn more and make more friends.

And really, I can't wait for all of us to cross the finish line on October 4th!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, shucks! You just think I'm the best because I get a surge of energy near the top of the hill and "pull" everyone up. :)

    ReplyDelete