Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Holidays!!

It's Christmas Eve and my parents' house is full of Christmas goodies!  Oh so good but oh so bad for me.

I love the holiday season.  The snow is falling, the tree is trimmed, the house smells like cookies, and (for the most part) everyone is cheery!  It's my favorite time of the year!  But for my waist line, this is the worst time of the year.  Every year my pants get a little tighter and my waist line expands just a little during the holidays.

I'm trying to have this year be different but it's not going so well.  When I'm at my apartment, I'm in complete control.  But when I come home, it's like calories don't exist and I have free reign to eat anything and everything.  It doesn't help that my mom bought/made a lot of my favorite treats.  And how can a girl say no to mom?!  It's impossible!  I know that I shouldn't be eating so much but it's so hard not to eat all of my favorites.  My mind says "no" but my stomach says "yum".

I will say that tracking all of the treats has been hard (and depressing at times).  But it's also been a good thing.  Knowing that I have to track six donut holes might not stop me from eating all six of them but it does keep me from eating six more.  And even though WW doesn't have "Goodie Bars" in their system, that's not an excuse not to track them.  They do have treats that are close enough for me to track as a substitute.

My goal is not to gain back everything that I lost over the past three weeks.  Honestly, that's too easy of a goal.  I know that I'm not going to literally gain 6 lbs this weekend; I'd have to consume an extra 21,000 calories in order to do that.  I might enjoy my fair share of holiday treats but not that many.  But I could probably realistically gain 2 lbs.  So my "real" goal is not gain more than 2 lbs this weekend.

I think it's time for me to do some jumping jacks, some push ups, and some crunches before the extended family comes over.  I can at least burn a few calories before I eat more cookies.

Merry Christmas to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment