Saturday, December 15, 2012

Denial

Here's the deal... rejoining WW has paid off.  I've lost 5 lbs (exactly) in the past two weeks.  Yay!!  It isn't / wasn't easy and I'm hungry about half the day, but losing those 5 lbs has been great motivation for me.

The problem with that is that in my mind I (apparently) think I lost 50 lbs and not 5 lbs.  So, I decide to do some online shopping this morning - a little holiday shopping for myself.  J Crew has free shipping and 30% off everything.  How can I resist?!  I can't.

While shopping, I find this super cute skirt that will be fun for New Year's Eve.  Unsure of what size to get, I look up the "measurements" section to help with sizing.  This is where it all goes downhill.  Since my mind thinks that I've lost 50 lbs, it's a bit shocked when I look down to see the actual size of my hips.  I'm so embarrassed that I can't even post the number here - and no one even reads this blog!

Reality set in.  My waist is huge and so are my hips.  So what did I do?  I decided to go to the mall, finished up my Christmas shopping, drank a mocha and then ate Christmas cookies when I got home.  Because if my hips are already huge, a mocha and some cookies aren't going to hurt anything.  Right?!  WRONG!

The last time that I lost weight, I didn't keep track of my measurements.  I didn't take them when I was big and I didn't when I was at goal.  But this time around is going to be different.  After seeing the numbers today, I think tracking my progress not just by the number of lbs I've lost but also by how many inches have disappeared off of me will help keep me motivated.  Or so I hope.

One thing is for sure, my hips can't stay this big forever!  Time to get off the couch and do some lunges and squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment