Sunday, December 30, 2012

Goodbye 2012...

It's time to say "Goodbye" to 2012 and to start looking forward to 2013.

First, let's recap the holidays.  My goal was to gain less than 2 lbs.  I met my friend at WW on Saturday.  That's a big step for both of us because we could have easily avoided the inevitable.  I knew it wasn't going to be good.  But, surprisingly enough, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I (only) gained 0.4 lbs.  That's it.  I was shocked!

Now, it's time to use that minimal holiday gain to push through the New Year battle and start 2013 on a good note.  I bought some new running shoes yesterday, so there is no excuse to not "hit the ground running" in the new year.  I've already renewed my Community Center membership, so no excuse there.  And, I even splurged and bought a new workout top.  So I have something to wear, new shoes to break in, and CC membership to use.  Sounds like all that is left is to work up my motivation.

I have a friend (actually a couple friends) that wants to run a half marathon in 2013.  I'm not ready to commit to that distance but I should find a race in the spring and commit to that.  My town has a 5k, 10k and a 10-mile race.  If I start training now, I should be able to manage the 10k.  There's also the GiG race that I've run numerous times.  My workouts might start on the right foot if I have something that I'm working towards.

There's also a "Women and Weights" class that the CC is offering.  I'm pretty good at getting in cardio but I am so bad at lifting weights.  Muscle burns more calories than fat, so building up muscle is the logical thing to do.  Plus, looking toned is always a good thing!  Maybe signing up for this class would help me get 2013 going in the right direction.  And, more importantly, I bet it will help me get over my fear of lifting weights.

As I think back on 2012, I'll start making my resolutions for 2013.  Being healthy and losing weight will definitely be two things that I'll continue working towards.  I accomplished my 2012 goals - a 5k in the spring (I ran the Get Lucky 7k in March) and a 5k in the fall (Nickle Dickle Day 5k in September). So, what should 2013 include??

Cheers to a great 2012.  Cheers to what is going to be an even better 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment