Sunday, January 13, 2013

Burning Calories but Gaining Weight... What?!

I worked out like a crazy person last week!  I earned 31 WW Activity Points!  I was rather impressed with myself and was expecting to see a decent loss when I weighed in.  So imagine my surprise when I gained a pound.  One whole lb.  Ugh.  How did that happen???

Well, I don't know how it happened.  Maybe my muscles were retaining water - I did push them this week.  Maybe I ate too much - I did eat more than my allotted points each day.  Or maybe I didn't eat the right foods - my tracker was full of carbs but not a lot of protein.

My leader told me not to stress; it's only one week in the grand scheme of things.  But it's hard not to stress when I know how hard I worked.  I ran on the treadmill three times and hit the cross trainer twice.  Plus, I did core work after each cardio session.  I felt like I worked hard enough to drop at least one pound, not worked hard enough to gain one pound.  So frustrating!

Regardless of what happened, I switched things up this week.  I've kept my workouts to a minimum (not necessarily on purpose) and I'm focusing on what I'm eating.  I made it a goal to eat a more protein rich diet.  I truly think that what I ate did have an effect on what happened at the scale.  So I'm trying to make better choices this week.  And I'm keeping my workouts in the efficient calorie burning zone and not the crazy calorie burning zone.

So, we'll see what happens on Wednesday.  Fingers crossed, it's a loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment